reading electrical diagrams.

bornwild

From the title i am sure everybody would know that I am fresh graduate (instrumentation). I would really like to learn how to read electrical diagrams.I did a Google search but the results were not satisfactory. I just know the basic symbols but i would like to learn tracing electrical diagrams. I am seeing numbers i dont know what they mean. My company follows IEC standards .I would like to trace all the inputs and outputs to plc,sensors. If someone could provide a useful link . I would really grateful.

Last edited:
:(
Many people graduates without knowing how to read diagrams.
Suggestions
1: Use existing schematics of simple, then complex machines and try to understand it by youself. It's all about logics. Not hard to understand.
2: EPLAN tutorial - here you will find how to draw and how to read schematics.

thanks homer. I cant believe my college didnt teach how to read industrial electrical drawing. btw where is eplan thing you are talking about

okiepc. can u please provide a different file. This file has different languages . Difficult to undestand

LOL, looks like Ron just copied from a foreign built machine's set of drawings when he created that document.

Notice that the 2nd line of each item is English.

I'll dig around later this evening and see if I can find a better site for your IEC symbols.

LOL, looks like Ron just copied from a foreign built machine's set of drawings when he created that document.
I was the one who scanned that document, and you're right, it the preface of a drawing package for a machine built (somewhere) in Europe.

🍻

-Eric