Ok, here I go kicking a dead horse....

David_Emmerich

Lifetime Supporting Member
🔨 Hello group, I need some help please!!!! Two weeks ago we lost the motherboards on two laptops, the ones that we use for service work on AB PLC's We replaced them both with nice HP units running Windoze7 Pro. we can get rsLogix500 to run on a Virtual XP Mode machine...after three days HARD work...and we seem to be OK talking with most of the SLC's...5/02 etc, but today I spent 5 hours trying to get online with 2 1400's and a Panelview thru an ethernet switch...No joy at all. I put in the right numbers, checked every setting that I know of in XP, Win7, virus software, firewall, Rs Linx, but it still WILL not work, it keeps telling me that it is an unknown network with no connection. Anyone have any ideas? It is very unpleasent sitting in front of my laptop out on a customers shop floor trying to get online with $%#@!%%*$AB krud.🔨
Now it is beer-thirty,🍺 and that should make the rest of the day better..

Looking forward to hearing from all of you SMART Guys out there!!!

Thanks in advance,

David ( Yes it's me the old _art)🍺

Windoze 7

I have to say I like this program better than Vista. I have 2 ethernet disk drives, 350 MB and after upgrading to win 7 I cannot access the drives. The speed is 100 on all ports and the adapter but still cannot access drive. Like you I turned off everything that might stop a connection. Still no luck. If anyone has an answer I would also like to know !

LOL #$%@ #$$% Computer.m :)

for industrial use i would wait a few years befor upgrading to win7.
we just bought 2 brand new 15" dell laptops with both XP and a real COM-port, that'll keep us floating for a few years :)

Is your VM ethernet in bridged mode?
And do you have "all the numbers" in both win7 and VM?

I've just upgraded from Windows7 to XP, was running W7 for about 6 months, but got tired of having to run most of my HMI & PLC apps in XPMode. Happy now I'm back with XP. (using a Dell E5500 with a real RS232 port)

Acer Aspire One netbook. $250 for the 8" model, windows XP. No serial port, but my adapter works fine. My 1747-PIC quit working after XP Service Pack 3, so I went to the 1747-USB.

These are great programming terminals, light-weight and more powerful than you'd expect. The only thing I've not been able to get communicating was GX-Developer, so may need a special adapter for that as well.

It's a good solution (for me anyway).

TM