Help with a allen Bradley Thermocouple madule for a slc 5/03

joeparrish

I get to work yesterday and a Thermocouple car went out Had no power on the card

So I get a new one today ab plc 1746-nt4 put it in wire it up clear the fault

And my readouts on this old HMI are not working

I am way lost I am at the point of really not knowing what I need to look at or do

I will post the program if it helps I am just lost I don't really have alot of time with nitiger files

But again the program was running fine before

Could the plc back frame be bad

This plc uses 2 of these cards and both of them are not reading

The first file you posted, none of the channels on either thermocouple card is enabled.

The second file you posted does not have a thermocouple card in the I/O configuration.

Joe wha HMI do you have? Tha may help aswell. I can't look at it until I get bad to work in the AM.

This is why I need a day off sorry here is the program that is on it
there are 2 cards both enable 4 on the card in slot 6 1 on card on slot 7

Is "C" degrees what you want?

Also the configuration rungs writing to the cards configuration words are in edit status. The cards are not configured yet. see picture below.

Edit: I now see you have a duplicate configuration "COP" instruction in Lad 3, but the output words themselves have not been written to ( they show all zeros)

ConfigRungs.jpg

Last edited:
To add to the above. Try deleting the edited rungs in ladder 2. Put the processor in run mode and let the configuration rungs in lad 3 configure the card.

Joe it looks like you are only using the first channel on the second card. The first card is all setup. As always Mickey is roght on the money.

I am not a betting man, but I would wager a little more than pocket change that this program is not the one that is in this system. I just have a feeling that when you go online with this you will find differences in the project.