Eeprom Men Module

jimtech67

I have a SCL 5/03 processor with 16k of memory that is almost out of memory. Does the EEPROM memory module expand the memory of the processor as well allow you save the program? I looking to just expand my memory, I am not worried about saving the program to the eeprom.

Jim

GO JETS

SLC EEPROM

Jim,

the memory size of an SLC is fixed, irrespective of the type of memory that you're using (this is different from, say the Siemens S5-941/942 CPUs)

unfortunately, your only way is to reduce memory size ie, cut down some of the code, or reduce unused data files - or upgrade to a larger CPU (max 16k with the 5/03)

watch out for the Aussies in the RWC!!! ;)

WOW Fast reply That is what I figured. Everything I read mentioned nothing of memory expansion. The customer wants large amounts of data logged without spending the cash for a SCADA system and he is finally is hitting the limit I warned him about.

watch out for the Aussies in the RWC!! What is that real Football????????, you us ignorant Americans :rolleyes:

Jim

Affirmative on that negative, guys.

SLC controllers have fixed memory sizes. The 5/04 and 5/05 are available with 32K and 64K options, but the 5/03 has only the 8K and 16K types.

MicroLogix 1500 has a nifty 48K data log memory, but I don't think much of they way it has to be retrieved over DF1.

I had a customer do an interesting SLC-5/03 data log with a Compact-Flash based device that let you send it ASCII strings that it stored in flat DBF files. He did it for a foundry's heat-treating furnace, where the temperature profiles during a long process had to be logged and saved for quality control documentation.