Simple Logix question (A/B)

KNeland

If I move a value into a floating point address, or an integer address (N7), by making a rung true and sending the value( in this case it is the result of a subtraction function and the destination address is the floating point I mentioned)....Then does the value stay or should I say is the numerical value retained in the destination address, after the rung I used to send the value goes false?

I am trying to do some calculations that result in an offset that will be added to a numerical value to be displayed in a panelview. The rung where the calculations happen is true briefly then goes false, and the result is sent to a N7 or F8 address. After the fact, I want to be able to use that number in other calculations in an ongoing process.

Thanks

If I move a value into a floating point address, or an integer address (N7), by making a rung true and sending the value( in this case it is the result of a subtraction function and the destination address is the floating point I mentioned)....Then does the value stay or should I say is the numerical value retained in the destination address, after the rung I used to send the value goes false?

I am trying to do some calculations that result in an offset that will be added to a numerical value to be displayed in a panelview. The rung where the calculations happen is true briefly then goes false, and the result is sent to a N7 or F8 address. After the fact, I want to be able to use that number in other calculations in an ongoing process.

Thanks

Yes, the value will be retained until something is done by the Program, or by you to change it. However, be cautious that the rung is only true for one scan using a one shot or other method. Otherwise, you may perform the math function numerous times, and get a completely different result than you expect.

Stu....

I agree. If the move is true, the number is moved. After that if there is nothing else to overwrite that location then you have captured the value as of the exact instance you moved it. Ditto for what Stu said about a one-shot, or a one-scan condition.

Thank you

I just found this site yesterday, and I am very glad. I am just getting my integration career started, and am required to make revisions and additions on long standing programming that has been patched and cobbled together by several people over the years. Needless to say, the process is always running when I make changes or add new code, and being new I am always a bit anxious...I have been told many a story about guys bringing the plant down..hehehe(gulp).

Finding this reservoir of knowledge is a godsend...

By the way, can anyone recommend a good book for learing Visual Basic ? (next stop...intellution)
Thanks again

Kyle

Welcome to the Forum Kyle:

You will find some very smart and knowledgeable people on here. Especially for Allen Bradley, but many other manufacturers as well. Good Luck!

Stu......