Redlion Memory Stick Transfer

ATU

I read several posts on Recipe storage on a CF card for the Redlion G3 Displays and noticed that the new Crimson 3 software appears to have some support for transferring files from the CF to a memory Stick ( I am assuming this is a USB stick?) I read the manual but its not clear to me how to initiate this. I want to be able to store recipe data in a csv file on the CF card and then transfer these files to a USB memory stick. Then edit the file in Excel and then transfer it back the other way and eventually down to the PLC. Is this possible?

Yes you are correct the units with a USB host port can support a USB memory stick. To configured the port you will need to go to the communications section of the software and click on Memory Stick. In the general tab you will set Enabled to Yes. In the transfer tab you will configure the direction of the transfer and what will be transferred. After that all you have to do is plug in the USB stick and the transfer is automatic.

Jeremy

The datastation does not have USB host ports. The USB host is something new that has been added with the release of the new HMI units.

Thanks
Jeremy

Any plans to come out with a newer version that has them? I have applications where I need to provide this feature, but the equipment already has an HMI and the customer doesn't need another.

Any plans to come out with a newer version that has them? I have applications where I need to provide this feature, but the equipment already has an HMI and the customer doesn't need another.
Try talking to your sales department, maybe a good sales person can talk your customer into accepting a CF card in place of the USB drive.

The USB would keep operators out of the electrical enclosure. They are a real stickler about arc flash regulations.