TwidoSuite Subroutine / Section

dahnuguy

Hey Guys,

New to TwidoSuite, have used several other PLCs.

I find in TS that I must enter a rug, a section or a subroutine to get started.

I am reading the help file.

"The ladder program is divided into sections automatically numbered by the program. Sections are executed sequentially by the controller"

Also we can have 128 sections and subroutines with a max of 64 SUBs.

So what is the difference between a section and a subroutine?

For now, I am thinking that one section could contain several subroutines.

I am thinking a section is just a group of ladder and SUBs.

So why do I need more than one section?

The sections are executed sequentially, so there is no jumping around. Can I jump to a subroutine in section 3 from section 1?

Is all of section 1 executed before section 2?

Is there any functional reason to use more than one section? Is there a rung limit for each section?

Any insight is appreciated.

In addition to the previous question:

I want to use a function block.

There is only one blank function block.

And one compare that indicates "<".

It looks like I have to type out everything I want the block to do.

Other PLCs give you a function block and you just fill in the variables.

TwidoSuite is like using one box and then writing the STL inside the box. So how is that easy or intuitive? Even to use ladder, I have to use the STL syntax?????????

I hope I am wrong about this.