Abb plc ac450

vip1400

[FONT=&quot]How can I connect and interface between seimens S7-317 and ABB PLC AC450 by using profibus[/FONT]

Hi there,

There are two or more alternatives, depending on your set-up of the AC450 and S7-317. If both PLC´s have to be Profibus masters, then you will need a Profibus DP/DP gateway. If both PLC´s have an ethernet port, you might be able to use OPC to have communication between the two.
If one of the PLC´s can be set-up as Profibus slave, then use the one as master to poll the slave.

Good luck

Pat

thank you Mr. pudden for your replay ,
actually we use ABB PLC AC450 for controlling the sequence of the plant i will concentrate as a master PLC and we are going to install other separate machine which have Siemens PLC we can’t not use Ethernet network we have to use profibus cable so can you tell me which CPU from ABB has a function with profibus and which software i need to configure ABB plc to complete communication between both PLC.

Last edited:
Hi vip1400,

As I am unfirmilliar with ABB products I cannot say, though I would suggest contacting ABB in Saudi Arabia. I do not know how the S7 PLC is set-up but whithout any extra hardware, you will need to have it configured as a Profibus slave and need the GSD-file for the S7 PLC as slave.
When configuring the S7 in ABB´s configuration tool, make sure that you use the first 3 slots as shown in the enclosed picture and then add your Inputs and Outputs (In the picture, I have used our own Profibus config tool).

Good luck

Patrick L

S7 as slave.jpg

communication between AC450 and S7

Hi
We are using AC450 controller of ABB with Simens S7. We dont have profibus card on the AC450 controller so we have AC800 controller which is acting as gateway and serving for communication purpose.

dear Mr.panthripu
we are not using AC800 controller so if you could help to connect Simens S7 with AC450
also i had contact withe ABB they request from to by other processor which can support profibus and i have to buy some of communication card and software licenses from ABB