Data Shift

DCM411

I'm trying to shift floating point data through an array to, in effect, display historical data over a period of 7 days at one hour sample rates. so i'm looking at REAL[168] as my array of data. What I want to do is have REAL[0] be the new fresh live data. From there I'd like to move REAL[0] value to REAL[1] at time of next collection, and REAL[1] to REAL[2] and along down the line. What's the best way to go about this? I've been trying to figure out the FIFO commands, but maybe something like COP would be more applicable. any thoughts?

great. that's what i was looking for. it is an ab product, compactlogix talking to panelview 550. i'll try to see if i can get the recommended instructions to work in the post you referred. my other option was to use FLL, FFL, and FFU and reverse the indexing somehow...

Thanks.

I'm not familiar with compact logix but it might be easier if you just have a circular queue and keep track of where the latest data is. This is definitely easier on the PLC side but depending on what you need to show in the HMI side could be a pain.