Problem with counter module FM350-1

aabcam75

Hi All,

When I plug FM350-1 module to rack with S7-300 CPU315-2DP the SF light is turn on at the module. The CPU315-2DP become error (SF light turn on). My hardware configuration is correct. Anyone can help with this problem?

Ali

Siemens Support

Try the above link and search for the FM350-1, there is a quick start guide, manual and downloads for configuring the FM350-1.

SF are caused by incorect configurations or software settings.

If you are still having problems post your set-up and I will try to help. I have just finished a project with 2 FM350-2 cards fitted and they are similar to a 350-1

Have you checked the wirings. (24V supply to 1L+ and 1M etc....)

Is the coding connector on the side of the FM350-1 set up correcly for the encoder(A=5V D=24V).

You can find more from the manual:

FM350-1 manual

BR,

TS

I have checked everything but still error. When i use online hardware configuration this message is shown in the module information :

Module configured, but not available
Preset/Actual mismatch:
(inserted and configured module types are not the same)
- Expected type: Counter module (6ES7 350-1AH02-0AE0)
- Current type: Not available

Anyone knows what does it mean?

Ali

Check the expansion bus connector behind the FM350-1.
If the connection is not ok then PLC can't "see" the module.

BR,

TS

Ali

When you install the FM350-1 package, the example programm zEn23_01_FMx50-1 is install at the Examples directory. There you can find an example of the programm that the FM needs.

Propably the SF Led is on because you haven't made any programm for the FM and it needs FC2 (CNT_CTL1)

Does anybody have any experience with the ouputs on the module.

I want the moddule to set the ouput when below comparison value 1 and reset when countervalue is above value 1.
In de HW-configuration I can set all this the only problem is that is doesn't work.
If anybody ever did this or knows how to do this please help me then

Right module inserted

Silly question,

hav you inserted the right module in your hardware configuration, that is typically your message if this is incorrect, otherwise the connection to the module must be checked.

Make sure you have the correct module no of card inserted , there are various types.

Regards

Rheinhardt

Last edited:
It is the right module with the correct nr.
The module does count and i can toggle the output manual.
But the module itself does nothing with the output when it reaches the the requested value.

Fm350-1

Hi, my name Tran. i research about FM350-1 but i can't do as i want.
can you teach me about this function.^^ or can you give me some project about this.
thanks for all ^_^

Hi,

have you insert in OB100 the start address area pointer of the counter as image below. This in an example consider the FM350 having an starting address in hardware setup = 512

immaginezf.png

Here the linkweb to FM350-1 user guide setup http://support.automation.siemens.c...lib.csFetch&nodeid=1136199&forcedownload=truehttp://img801.imageshack.us/img801/7945/immaginezf.png

MODERATOR REQUEST:

If you have a new question, please create a new Thread for that question.

Go back one level in the Forum to the "LIVE PLC Questions & Answers" page, and use the Start a New Thread button.

newthread.gif

If your question is directly related to an old question, you can link to the old question by copy/pasting the URL of the old thread into your new thread.

Can you please post the diagnostic messages your are getting on your CPU. You can access this by pressing ctrl-D when you have the project selected.

Moderator Request, part 2:

Please do not post responses to this thread. If the new poster who has resurrected the old thread creates a new one, he or she may proceed, but I don't want to continue this one.

I don't have the ability to "lock" a thread from future comments, but I do have the ability to delete posts, as well as to provide gentle persuasion.

It's part of a new volunteer Moderator-led campaign against "Zombie Threads".