PLC2 and windows XP

cornbread

Lifetime Supporting Member
I did a search on the thread and did not see anyone having any luck getting a comm link to a PLC2 (AI software)using windows XP. Fishing to see if this is still the case? I did read where some had partitioned the hard drive to have a old window operation system.

I was able to make AI-2 work with an ICOM "PLC-2 Smart Cable" under Windows XP SP2 last summer, with a 1978-vintage PLC-2 Mini controller.

Using the 1784-PCMK/A or /B with AI-2 is a lot more complex; I would recommend getting a dedicated notebook PC (we used the Latitude CP and CPi a great deal in the mid-1990s) with DOS 6.22 or Windows 3.1 and use it only for DOS software.

Emulation and virtual machines are amazing, but the hardware interfaces are always the sticking point.