ControlLogix and PLC5/40E

assessor

Hello everybody...

I was wondering If someone can help about ControlLogix..
I have been trying to communicate a CLogix (ENET/B) and a PLC5/40E (Ch2, 10BASET Transceiver) using a ethernet link...
In the Clogix I am receiving a error message (MSG Box) number 301 about No buffer memory...

I am using a MSG type:

PLC5 Typed Read
Source Element: N7:0
Number of Element: 3
Destination: Array_[0]
Path: EthernetModule,2,130.130.130.180 (PLC5)
CIP Checked.

First I was receiving a error message 312 "Link address not available".. I changed the IP dest address for 1, which it's the Processor Node configured in the PLC5 (System Options)..
The new path is: EthernetModule,2,1

Now I am receivein the error 301 No buffer memory..

Does anyone knows How to fix this error?.. why it's happen?

Thanks in advance
Patrick. :confused:

You had the MSG Path syntax correct the first time.

That IP address looks like an A-B sample address; are you certain that your PLC-5E IP address is really 130.130.130.180 ? The "Link Address Not Available" error implies that there is really no Ethernet device with that address on the network.

Also, the PLC-5E controller must have a certain minimum firmware revision to work with ControlLogix Ethernet messaging:

Ethernet PLC5's:
series E rev D.1
series D rev E.1
series C rev N.1

CLogix and PLC5/40

Hi, Thanks for your advise about firmware...

I just checked, the PLC5 has a tag:

1785-L40E Series D Firmware Rev.B
PLC-5/40 Ethernet Processor Module.

Do you know the way to update the PLC5/40 firmware? There is a software called COntrolFlash to update ControlLogix firmware, very easy way...

Regarding IP address, I can ping both PLC5 and CotrnolLogix from my Workstation.. both works fine.

Thanks again..