Dataliner replacment

glpdrumerx

We have an A/B Dataliner DL30 that has bit the dust. It was connected to a Siemens S5 Plc output card. Is there any Quick replacements I Can replace it with that I can just type the messages into and it display them according to the binary output of the plc output card.

Vorne Industries makes vacuum flourescent displays that have similar functionality to the Dataliners. They're not cheap, but less than a/b, and can usually be set up to be a "wire for wire" replacement.

Look at the 2100 series

Their software is very easy to use and gives you some scripting power to do a whole lot more than the dataliner can do if you choose. I used these to replace DL40s about ten years ago, and it looks like it's still a strongly supported product.

Okie, these do look identical to the old AB DataLiners. I guess people are still using these things. Good to know!

They are not drop in replacements mechanically, but they do have 24vdc and 120vdc power and both serial and parallel input options like the dataliners. They also have a built in 232 to 422 converter so you can daisy chain a bunch of them off of one PLC RS232 port and address them all independently with the header in your ASCII commands.