Urgent: PLC Allen Bradley with SanDiskFlash Card

RafaCerda83

Hi, I need help because I want to Download my program to a SanDisk Compact Flash Card of 32 MB. The FC is an industrial great the porpuse is download the program to the FC so the PLC Allen Bradley (ControlLogix5000) read the program from it, who can tell me how to do that?

Put the FC in the processor, Go online to the processor, go into Controller Properties, select the Nonvolatile Memory tab, and click 'Load/Store".

You will lose access to the processor while the FC is written, but that does not take very long.

Bill

Hi Bill:
I already did that as I told you I have a SanDisk CompactFlash 32MB and I don´t know why but I think my PLC doesn´t recognice it, in fact I already did the steps you wrote me but the PLC show me as an error that it can´t write in the CF.

Allen Bradley only guarantees being able to save to cards they supply. They specifically test each one. Apparently even though there are standards the various cards vary from them enough to make very many unusable. You may have to try a number of them or get one from Allen Bradley. Of course you will pay more for the individualized selecting and testing. But you will know that it will work.

We have used SanDisk cards in our and they are very hit and miss. Sometimes we will find one that doesn't work in one processor, but will in another.

Your best bet unfortunately is to do what Bernie suggested and get a card from AB.

Just out of curiosity, when you plug the card in to the controller, does the CF light turn red?

Hi Bernie and dmroeder:
Thank you bernie I think I´m going to hear your suggestion and buy another CF from Allen Bradley; right know I´m looking for it.
Dmroeder everything was green in the controller that was why we thought we can use this CF in fact in the RSLogix I can acces the Nonvolatile Card option, but when we try to store it didn´t let me and after that the red light get on.
Right know I´m going to use my last option. I´m going to install in this card a AB firmware. As you know I´m from México and delivery sometimes take to much that´s mean I have time for more experiments LOL!
Thank you to both.
Rafa

I understand completely about delivery time. I come to Mexico and do work form time to time.

Try formatting the card to FAT16 and see if it works.

Hi guys I have a new problem in the project. Hope you can help me with it too, the threads subject is "Inview Project" I´ll wait for your answer.