Siemens Micro/WIN

VJTX

I had to abort the installation of MicroWin V. 3.2 SP4 but now I cannot reload it, it comes up Repair or Remove. Neither of those options corrects the problem. I also tried the control panel uninstall. It still will not install. something about cannot find s7dos? I downloaded and installed the v4 demo 60 day program with no problem. My problem is my v4 is upgrade to 3.2 and not the full install. Anyone have a solution? thanks.
I wish I could trade in the 3.2/4 upgrade for a v4 complete install cd.

The Siemens hotline will help you fix it. It has happened to me several times. We all hate the upgrade path!!!

Basically the hotline will walk you through cleaning out the registry and deleting the old files. They may even offer what you ask for.

Siemens Hotline is 1-800-333-7421

All the normal stuff, clear 'temp' files, try logging in as a different user, switch off antivirus. Did you make a Restore point before the installation? And. 'yes' on the 3.x to 4.x upgrade, it is a pain having to install something just so the upgrade can find it, why can't it just look for the CD as confirmation. Eventually I decided it was easier just to buy a full version.

Bryan