Redipanel cheap replacement, RIO protocol

zvic

Hi

I'm working on replacing some old Redipanel terminal's and i need to find something to work with a PLC5/20 on RIO protocol. I already made a replacement with a PV550 and it works just fine but i'm trying to find something cheaper as all that i have to display are some alarm messages and changing some parameters, something like a PV300 will do but i need it to be on RIO and it seems that they don't make a PV300 with RIO. The same goes with the PV+400, no RIO.

Is there any other solution for connecting one of those cheap terminals on RIO ? Something like an adapter, ... ?

Thanks,
Zvic

I think what you have done already is going to be the least expensive option. Years ago, there were a very few 3rd party HMI makers that licensed DH+/RIO interface technology from a/b, but they have all gone away to the best of my knowledge.