Selecting a DB address from a drop-down menu

boswellw

Hello All,

I'm trying to create a drop-down menu on a MP 177 DP to allow you to select a specific position you wish to teach on a Posmo drive.

My first idea was to use a text list to set bits in a tag so that I know which position is selected on the drop-down menu? I'm not sure if this can be done though. If not, what would I use to determine which menu item was selected? Thereafter, using the pointers to assign values to the correct address should be simple.

Coding in SCL on a S7-314 DP

Sorry, I should have mentioned I'm using a Symbolic IO field attached to a text list. Would this set the bit once the item is selected?

Similar Topics

I am working on trying to create a an HMI program where the user can select a value from 1-25 and then enter a string, which will be placed into...
Replies
Views
We had a servo motor feedback cable get damaged recently and we want to order a replacement. The current cable is a custom made cable, and we...
Replies
Views
Not sure how to word the title but here's my scenario. We have a carriage that moves at high speed with an energy chain and the cable bends in a...
Replies
Views
Hello plctalk, new guy here. I have an application that I'd like to present for your considered opinions so I can figure out what hardware I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I frequently demonstrate automation product (that we make) to various customers. The system uses an AB7007 Anybus gateway that connects to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom