Proficy Machine Edition V5.7 and QP problems, really need help!!

juanmdx

Hi, I'm really new to the GE PLC's and QuickPanel Views, so I would like a little help.
We have installed VersamaxPLC's Versamax Extended IO and QuickPanel Views (IC754Vxx12Cxx).

And I've a backup file (zipped) that contains two files one is *.SwxCF and the other is a *.varCF.

The problem is that I'm getting an alarm on the QP that is not on the PLC, so I'm guessing the program on the QP might be wrong.

What I want (and need) to do is to connect with the QP and upload the program to the Proficy, get online and see where this alarm is coming from. But I've never used the Proficy before, and I can't figure out how to upload the program. When I open the Proficy it ask me for a new project and a target (which I assume is my QP) and then I write the IP of the QP (I'm trying to use a TCP/IP connection) and set the ethernet configuration of my PC on the same net (the icon of the PC states that I'm connected) but I can't see the QP from the Proficy (I'm not sure I doing the things correctly on the Proficy) but I also can't ping the QP IP address from the PC (using a ping command).

So, I'm really los there, can someone help me??

Thanks.

Juan

Hi,

Is giving me an error message from an "E-Stop pressed", but physically the E-Stop is not pressed, and the signals on the PLC are OK, so I guess si something wrong on the QP program.

Now I'm able to open the bakcup the integrator gave me and I'm looking what can trigger this message and on which conditions.

But I don't know how to get online (what to do, how to connect) with the QP to check all conditions and maybe do some modificacions.

Try this:
1. close all projects.
2. In the 'Navigator' window Right-Click on 'My Computer'
3. Select 'Restore'
4. point at the 'Backup' mentioned in your first post.
5. Open the project that is loaded in step 4.
6. Now you can go 'online' with the PLC or the QP.
FYI, going 'online' with the QP will not do much for you here, but this is how you will need to troubleshoot the PLC.
If the projects are not "Equal" you should Upload to make them equal.
If your version of Proficy is different that what was used to make the 'Backup' you may need to first upload, then download in order to get things equal.