Omron CPM1A-MAD01 Help

Jayden

Hi all. I am Currently trying to learn Omron programming using CX programmer 6.11. I have a CPM2A Processor and a CPM1A-MAD01 analogue card. Can someone please step me through how to install the analogue card. I thought there would be an I/O setup in the project menu on the left of screen but I cannot find anything.

Thanks

The CPM2A PLC using CXProgrammer is not as straight forward as you might think. Access to an expansion module is done entirely via the program. If you are using a single expansion module, the addressing is done using the formulas as follows.
Input 1 = (M + 1)
Input 2 = (M + 2) Where M is the last input number allocated to the processor.

Output 1 = (N + 1) Where N is the last output number allocated to the processor.

I strongly recommend you download the CPM1/CPM1A/CPM2A/CPM2C/SRM programming manual from Omron's website. Section three of the manual is called Using Expansion Modules and describes all the setup requirements for the MAD01 analog module.