Started install on the machine which meant I had to
split the I/O in Half with a right side expansion
cable plus addition of a 2nd power supply. Can't
connect with e-net or DF1 connection. Processor has
solid red OK status LED.:unsure:

Found the problem. The little white arms that lock in the
connector for the backplane connection on 1 of the
cards was not fully engaged and locked. Got some
green lights now. Going for the e-net cable now.
Hopefully it works. Thanks for reading my desperate plea for
help on a Sunday.

Thanks for updating. I have had to troubleshoot this same problem on the phone with our customers a few times. I didn't realize that it resulted in a solid red light. Good to know.

OK I'm back working weekends. Everything is working(hardware wise)
But how do you get data from a single Dint into 2 Sint
registers? Does not have to be a Dint.

You would actually need 4 SINT's to hold the data of a single DINT

2 INT's would hold the data of 1 DINT.

If you have an array of 4 SINT's called SINTArray and a DINT called SingleDINT, you could do this:

COP SingleDINT into SINTArray[0] for a length of 4. This will automatically split it up into the 4 SINT's. The first 8 bits will be in SINTArray[0], the next 8 bits will be in SINTArray[1] and so on.

The same will work with getting the data into 2 INT's, you just need the length to be 2 instead of 4.

Last edited:
What I have is a profibus bank of 8 air proportional
regulators. On the data side it takes 2 Sint registers
to control 1 regulator. just looking for an easy way
to manipulate the 2 words with 1 of something.
Sounds like I should change from a Dint to a Int and all should be well.

Are your SINT's an array?

Well if you are only using the first 16 bits of your DINT, you can just copy your DINT into your array of SINT's with a length of 2. Then the first 8 bits of your DINT will be in SINT[0] and the next 8 bits will be in SINT[1].

If your SINT's are not an array, then a BTD would do the trick.

If this is being mapped in and out of the scanner image and the scanner is an array or DINTs then you may want to look into UDTs(User defined data types). These can be very helpful in making it easy to map data in and out of a scanner and have it defined. Just make sure you break the data in 4 Byte boundaries and insert reserved bytes to make up for any "blank" areas in the data mapping of your device into the scanner image.

Also read up on the COPY statement that dmroeder mentions and understand that it is the data size of the destination that affects how the data is mapped during the copy. This also goes for UDTs. So, if your UDT was 16 bytes then if you copy from a scanner starting at MyScanner[0] to MyUDT with a length of 1 then your data from the scanner would be divided up into the predefined areas you need automatically and MyUDT would contain words 0 through 3 of MyScanner data table.

Just remember that the UDT must be in 4 byte blocks, since the base data size on the ControlLogix is 32 bit data.

So if you have some BOOLs then you would need it to be either [32 BOOLs], or [8 BOOLs, a SINT and an INT] or [16 BOOLs and an INT]. Same idea for the mixture of other data types, for example, each would be an acceptable combination for a total of 4 Bytes, for each "block" in a UDT:

4 SINTs
2 SINTs and an INT
2 INTs
1 DINT

Darren

Last edited: