GE Fanuc CPU 331

The PLC may be setup to not start in RUN mode. You will need to check the configuration of the CPU.

It is also possible that the program loads from RAM and the battery is dead.

It is likely that there is a fault in the CPU. You can check this by going "online" with your programming software.
If you do not have the programming software there is a small utility that GEIP used to support that would "clear" all faults and put the CPU back into "Run". You may want to try it. There is a cable diagram included.

It is likely that there is a fault in the CPU. You can check this by going "online" with your programming software.
If you do not have the programming software there is a small utility that GEIP used to support that would "clear" all faults and put the CPU back into "Run". You may want to try it. There is a cable diagram included.

Thanks for your help I'LL try to do it,
But other question, I can use this program with the VersaPro software?
Thanks again,
best regard

Hello I can't to communicate with the Fanuc 9030 I'm using a RS 232 to RS 422 serial converter but I can't mske the communication,
I already reinstall the VersaPro, make a cable with the fallow configutation RD(a)Pin 10 link with Pin 9
RD(b)Pin 11
SD(a)Pin 12
SD(b)Pin 13
a link between Pin 6 and 14
Pin 8 and 15.
where I'm wrogn?
Thanks
see yuo.

Next time please start a new thread with your new question. ;)

The only way I've ever communicated to a GE 90-30 serially was with a Horner SNP adapter specifically made for this purpose. The Horner converts 232 to SNP. When you say you are using a 232/422 converter, I don't think that is the same thing.

The cable you described is not the same as the one Russ included in the file he posted. Furthermore, you haven't told us anything about the RS232/RS422 converter you're using. Most converters require power for their OP amps. The 15 pin power supply port on the PLC has +5 VDC on pin 5. I don't see where your cable is connected to pin 5 on the 15-pin side.

Perhaps your converter is a USB/RS422 device? If that is the case, is the USB port configured as the same COM port that VersaPro is trying to use?

If you can, please provide a link to a data sheet for the converter you're using.

Hello friends, Sorry Paul for not open a new question.
The adapter that I have is a generic converter wich today can use with a Siemens S7-200 RS485 Protocol that meens it good, I am a bad programer.
Ths converter is powered externaly by an ac/dc converter and I set the COMM port like the VersaPro requires.
But I just thinking abaut the connection of the converter with the cable with the sub D15 connector, I made the next setup
in the converter In the DB15
TX-, SD- 9,10 pin
TX+, SD+ 11
RX+, RD+ 12
RX- RD- 13
SG SG 7
And I think where I'm wrong, I need invert the TX with the RD and the RX with the SD.
Is that right?
This is the converter that I have.
http://www.logicbus.com/catalog/pro...d=378&osCsid=bf92bfd425aa203a5362e4507aaf3551
Thank again,
and see you soon.