RedLion Complex Data Tag Logging

JNP

Hi,

I got a question for those who know a bit more about the RedLions than I do. Can you create a Data Log on a Complex Data Tag? I've got a DSPX0000 and everytime i try, it looks like it crashes the log. All I'm trying to do is represent an integer register in a AB SLC as text (with multiple IF statements). I created a String Tag with a complex source ok. Got it working on a display. But when i put it in a data log, it either a) won't log. or b) the webserver can't find the log.

Oh, I'm also using the latest Crimson 3 software.

Hi,

I got a question for those who know a bit more about the RedLions than I do. Can you create a Data Log on a Complex Data Tag? I've got a DSPX0000 and everytime i try, it looks like it crashes the log. All I'm trying to do is represent an integer register in a AB SLC as text (with multiple IF statements). I created a String Tag with a complex source ok. Got it working on a display. But when i put it in a data log, it either a) won't log. or b) the webserver can't find the log.

Oh, I'm also using the latest Crimson 3 software.

I'll let Redlion answer your question, but for what you are trying to do, I'd recommend the Switch Statement - I think it will be simpler than your multiple if statements (assume ABRegister is an Integer Tag and StringTag is String Tag:

switch (ABRegister){
case 1:
StringTag := "It is a value of one";
break;
case 2:
StringTag := "It is a value of two";
break;
case 3:
StringTag := "It is a value of three";
break;
etc
default: