PanelBuilder 32 Can't open from Network

seaston_65

Hello everyone,

So I just starting having a strange issue with Panelbuilder 32.
All the programs and backups that we use here are stored on the Network (I'm sure this is very common) and this has been working fine until last night.
I attempted to open a PanelView Terminal (.PVA) file off of the network and an error popped up. "Error Reading Application file. File cannot be loaded"
If I move the file onto my desktop it opens without issue but it just doesn't seem to want to open off the network. I even tried re-installing PanelBuilder and the issue is still there.

To my knowledge nothing has changed on our server (but that really doesn't count for much). I'm just wondering if anyone is aware of some network settings that could cause this.
This really isn't an end-of-the-world problem as I can still open the files if it's on my desktop, it's just an inconvenience

Thanks in advance

PanelBuilder32 Error.jpg

I doubt this is a Panel Builder issue. This smells like a Network Permissions issue. Most likely your IT guys have changed something. I would have a talk with them. (Painful I know)

Stu.....

Hi,

I have seen this before

I don't think that PB32 likes long file pathnames..

Try moving the file to different locations on the C: Drive and whether you can open it under several layers of folders

The Long Path Name was the issue here. One of the Folders was renamed from "PLC Programs" to "PLC Programs & Robot Backups &..."
It was changed back and works like it did before.

Thanks For the Help