the next generation

mordred

http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/42847

I can think of a whole pile of applications for this research. Such as throwing an entangled particle beam with one pair of the entangled particle in the processor itself. To measure its changes. How how they would do the circuitry on this one continous pathway is no long an issue. Shoot the beam into space or a black hole.

That article really seems about 99% hype and BS. I fail to see how entangled particles can be used for much in information processing, as they don't represent anything new, nor do they violate the lightspeed barrier for conveying information.

Entangled photons, quarks, whatevers can't transmit any information over long distances faster then light, even if the quantum collapse of the state of the system does occur instantaneously.

/shrug