help with AB1734-OE2V and pf40 inverter

stu

Hi Guys
i am a bit confussed? i am looking at adding a 1734-oe2v module to a point i/o unit to control the speed of a powerflex 40, how do i set up the module engining valve / what is the eng value ment to be ?
i have set the pf40 to 0-10v speed ref?
i hope somebody can help with my thoughts thanks stu

Hi Guys
i am a bit confussed? i am looking at adding a 1734-oe2v module to a point i/o unit to control the speed of a powerflex 40, how do i set up the module engining valve / what is the eng value ment to be ?
i have set the pf40 to 0-10v speed ref?
i hope somebody can help with my thoughts thanks stu

I haven't used this module, but it is a Voltage Output Module, so you will have to use 0-10V if you only need Unidirectional Control. I think you will find the information you need in these manuals.

Installation Instructions:

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/1734-in002_-en-e.pdf

I/O Module Manual:

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1734-um001_-en-p.pdf

Stu....

The newer Analog Input and Output Modules from Allen Bradley allow you to do the scaling in them. Therefore, you don't need to do the Scaling in the PLC Code. In the example you posted, if you write 0 to the module you will get 0 Volts out, if you write 750 to it, you will get 10 Volts out, and if you write 375 to it, you will get 5 Volts out.

You need to set the Engineering Units to match the PLC Code that is driving it, or visa/versa. For example, if you had PID Instruction controlling a process via a control Valve. In the PID instruction you Scaled the Output (CV) to 0-1000. You would set the Module Engineering Units to match.

Stu......