modbus tcp/ip server

kraj

hello to all

can any one help me out on

how we can use modbus opc server as a slave

means i have plc but they are on remote place and they dont have any static ip adress.
they have dynamic address
say on gprs
and i want to pull datafrom plc itself

so can u tell
how we can make a modbus tcp/ip opc server act as a
device or slave

thanks and regards

raj

Hello,

Without a static IP address or a host name look up to match the changing IP address with the host name how would you think it could be done?

Look at is as a telephone number. If you know my telephone number you can call me. If you do not know my telephone number but you know my name you might be able to find my telephone number via the web or telephone directory assistance, if my telephone number is listed somewhere.

As to the second part of your post, an OPC server is a server (slave). So, it acts like a slave. A client (master) ask for data and the server (slave) responds.

Good luck,

Mark
http://www.peakhmi.com