using clock

jillmayne

on the mitsibushi fx1s plc and others there is a real time clock with day hours mins etc.. my query is can you use the clock in a aplication like control a output at a certain time of day if so how do you call up the routene in a program

I dont know how to do it in Mitsibushi but in other PLCs.
You can use compare function between the day/hour you want to RTC.for
On and for Off.
It should be very simple.

[COLOR=blue]jillmayne [/COLOR] said:
... can you use the clock(RTC) in a aplication like control a output at a certain time of day ...

Of course. This RTC is not there only for fun, its exactly one of its purpose.

[COLOR=blue]jillmayne [/COLOR] said:
... how do you call up the routene in a program

You set some parameters. For instance. If you want something to start at 04h30 AM, you use a few rungs and do a compare function.

This function could compare the integer with the known value of the time to start this event OR you can use individual BITs of the RTC register to do the same thing.

You must also put in a watchdog so the function does not start twice within the same time span.