SLC504 string across profibus to Siemens

mach1x

I am trying to send a string across profibus to a siemens plc. I am attaching a snap shot of how I am trying to send. I am only getting 12 characters going across based on my attachement. I can only get a length into the copy file of 7. I assume it has something to do with the string itself. I am not to command smart when it comes to these things. Hope this attachement works.

KC
STRING1.jpg

Edit: doing some more reading on the COP command has shown me that the file length is linked to the DEST. I only have 32 words in my profibus outputs, so output 25 to output 31 is only 7 words available. I will have to figure out how to us ethe MO files in the SST profibus card in the rack. I guess I kind of answered my own question. Anyone know how to program in the MO's now?

KC.

Last edited: