Floating Point Shift Register

Can a floating point shift register be implemented in a mitsu plc without too much hassle? Im trying to store 60 Floating point numbers, the aim is to take the last value off and then enter the new value at the start? Thanks for your help.

Is there an instruction to move a 32 bit register (i.e. move the two combined 16 bit registers together) ??

If anyone has any info it wud be much appreciated, thanks.

I don't know mitsubishi PLCs, but this is what works in a/b:

COP (Copy block of elements)
Source F8:1
Destination F8:0
Length 60

You could try the above method with the Mitsu equivalent of a block copy instruction.

Then MOV the new data into the last position instead of the first. In the a/b world, if you try to copy from F8:0 to F8:1 with a length of 60, the CPU will end up filling up the range with the contents of F8:0 because it will perform the copy one element at a time.

Paul

Last edited:
Do you use GX developer or GX IEC Developer, what model of PLC you are using? FIFO should be easy to do atleast in ST as Function Block, but not all mitsu models support ST it seems.

I have just "touched" mitsubishi so cant say is there instruction that behaves like AB COP. You should look for it yourself, maybe Okie or some other AB user could attach screen of COPs help entry.