Wireless Modbus

Homer_BL

Hello!
Suppose that I must realise wired Modbus RTU communication between AB and Siemens PLCs. It should be like this (A).
Has anyone did it? Any comments? Should it work? Any suggestions regarding communication settings?
Now, if it can work, suppopse I must convert it to a wireless solution (B).
Has anyone did it? Any comments? Should it work? Any suggestions regarding communication settings?

Thanks and best regards.

Topologija..jpg

Hello Homer;
We have done something of the same, a few years ago, using Data-Link equipment (they have radio links both for Siemens and for Rockwell). Comms were slow, but eventually steady.
http://www.data-linc.com/pdffiles/siemdoc.pdf
So if your equipment is industrial-grade and you are a bit familiar with it it should work.

If I remember correctly, the most important thing to make sure of was using the confirmation bits on the Siemens FCs to certify that the transmission was recieved correctly by the first slave before stepping to the next slave.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Thanks! :)
I have Siemens Modbus master and slave drivers, literature, sample code etc..., dowloaded from Siemens site. I believe that wired solution will work (this we can do when all cabinets are ready, in our workshop - we will simply connect ports and I believe it will be OK).
What I am affraid of, are modems and communication between CP341 and proper modem, and how to diagnose possible problems (I suspect that network timing will cause problems).

Thanks for You help again, it's easier for me knowing somebody did it before.
9600kbit/s are good enough for me, just need to work. :)

Best regards,
Homer_BL