Citect with Kingfisher on Modbus TCP

vynnyc

I am currently trying to do the communications between KingFisher PLC CP30 with Citect.

Clients are trying to run using KingFish protocol on TCP/IP. However the latest driver available on DriverWeb seem to indicate that it supports serial communications only. Is there any other way of communication with Citect and KingFisher on TCP/IP?

To look for work around, we tried setting a few coil and holding registers available on Modbus protocol in the KingFisher PLC.

Modscan, wonderware have successfully polled some data. But using MODNET, Citect has been unable to do so. Any settings that need to be done for MODNET?

Thanks for any help.

Test parameters
-----------------
Using Modscan, Device ID is set to 2, IP address is set to the IP address of the CPU CP-30. Modscan can read the assigned address.

Citect Setup
Boards
Board Name: BOARD1
BOARD TYPE: TCPIP
Address: 0
The rest is blank

Ports
Port Name: PORT1_BOARD1
Board Name: BOARD1
Special Opt: -I192.168.0.1 –P502 –T

IO Device
IO Device Name: IODev1
Number: 1
Address: 2
Protocol: MODNET
Port Name: PORT1_BOARD1

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Problem seem to be solved.

Prefix 'G' to Citect Tag Address.
eg. G00001, G40001

This forces Citect to read each tag individually.