SLC 5/03 RSLogix 500 Element N80:9

lowsky86

Hello I am currently fault finding on a Capping Machine, The machine will not run a phase unless N80:9 = 38 , Currently N80:9 is 1. I can not find any reference to to N80:9 expect the "equal" statment. Any ideas on what is need to change this number to 38 ??
moz-screenshot.jpg

Rung.jpg

it would be tough to find by looking at a partial program. Sometimes registers are incremented or changed by indirect addressing or even from other plc's on the network or even yet operator interfaces.

Is this an existing/working program? or a new one?

If possible zip the entire program and post.

If you right click on N80:9 and go to "find all" and the equal statement is all that comes up, then I'm guessing that there is either a HMI (such as a touchscreen) or another PLC connected to the one you are dealing with. Something has to tell that word what to change to. Check to see if it is connected to something else.

N80:9 could be addressed via indexed addressing or indirect addressing.
You could search for all occurences of "N80:*"
And also search for "S:24", which is the indexing offset.

Another possibility is if many addresses are transferred with the COP instruction, or block transfers.
Again, search for "N80:*", or "COP", "BTW" and "BTR".

About the possibility of that it is connected to HMI inputs, then you can try and locate the HMI input by setting N80:9 to something easily recognisable, such as "12345". By not setting it to "38" you avoid starting the sequence. Then go look for any input field on the HMI displaying the "12345".

A Find All doesn't always work when there are instructions like Copy involved. If you don't find anything with Find All, then right click it, and select Cross Reference. Scroll through the Cross Reference Window, and see if N80:9 falls within the Address range of any of the entries.

If you still don't have any luck, Zip your program file and post it.

Stu.....

Thank you everyone for your help, Turns out "someone" had removed the HMI cable from the PLC before i arrived. Therefore after a quick check the element was indexed by the HMI...

Cheers Brian