Rsview32

JNS

Hi,
I am doing some modifications on RSView32 SCADA which is connected to SLC 5/04 processor. I want to record and dispaly time/date on the SCADA when a button is pressed from the SCADA. The button press will reset certain parameters in the PLC and SCADA should display the date and time when these parameters were reset last time. Is there anyway we can implement this in RSView32?

I managed to implement the logic in the PLC to record time/date using processor status register(date-S39:37 and time-S40:42)each time the button is pressed from the SCADA but it requries too many tags if I want to display these information on SCADA and I am very close to my licence tags limit of 300.

All the helps are very much appreciated.

Why not just set it as an alarm tag so when input x changes state it triggers an alarm in RSVIEW32 that way it would always show date/time stamp without using anymore tags.

Hi,
I can not use alarm tag for data/time display reason being I need to display date/time of this SCADA button pressed next to the button.

The purpose of the code is to reset totalisers in PLC from the SCADA and everytime this reset is performed it should stamped date/time next to the totaliser counts on SCADA so we would know when the last time the reset was performed.

Please let me know if anybody know how to achieve this.

Cheers

Could you convert the integers to strings AIC and then concantenate ACN those into one string and then read that final string with RSView

Hope that helps.

Create an event file that looks for the button press. When the event is triggered (button is pressed), set a memory tag equal to the System\DateAndTimeString tag. Then display the memory tag on the screen. If I remember correctly, memory tags do not count toward your license tag limit.

This method will display the time from the computer and not from the PLC.