Project Help for PLC's

Lone_wolf

Ok in my computer club I have to find out how to get my PLC to loop but I don't know how. I use a 10 output SLC-100 type PLC. I've been working on the PLC for 4 weeks now. Anyway I need to know how to get a set of lights to loop, how to de-energize an output after I have it on for a few seconds and how to use the force on/off function. Please help me, I'm a newbie >_<

Do you have a manual?

You know, sonner or later you kid's are going to have to learn that every answer to your question's are not going to get answered for you on the damn web!

This world has changed alot with technology, (some good,some bad) but one thing has not, EFFORT!

You do not even realize you are cheating yourself. You have to understand the reason for this rant, if you would have even tried to search this site you would have more useful knowledge than you could read in a month.

You do not visit this site a couple of times and go and get a job writing code.

READ THE DAMN MANUAL

Now, where did I set my beer...................

P.S. DAMN There is one on the board now, read and send rs a blank check.http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?s=&postid=33863#post33863

Last edited:
well...

I read the manual but I'm not sure. By the way I've been researching this for 2 1/2 weeks now so I do research and that's how I got here. So about effoft if I didn't have any why would I still be looking? One more thing... maybe my generation has issues but who is suppose to be raising us??

Last edited:
mmm actually I understand the difficulties Lone Wolf ...the SLC100 is a VERY old controller, and at least two generations behind the current PLC's.

I have used them several times...but time has healed the dim and unpleasant memories. Frankly I would bin the junk and beg, buy steal something better...an SLC5/02 would be a much better starting point.

The SLC500 family is very popular and has a huge installed base, and the programming style is very representative of how many PLC's are programmed. All up a much better learning investment.

mmm actually I understand the difficulties Lone Wolf ...the SLC100 is a VERY old controller, and at least two generations behind the current PLC's.

I have used them several times...but time has healed the dim and unpleasant memories. Frankly I would bin the junk and beg, buy steal something better...an SLC5/02 would be a much better starting point.

The SLC500 family is very popular and has a huge installed base, and the programming style is very representative of how many PLC's are programmed. All up a much better learning investment.