MicrolLogix 1000 w/ AC inputs

templets

I picked up this PLC (1761-L16AWA Series E) surplus and was hoping to play with it some. After buying it I determined that it was 120v AC inputs.

Not sure what to do with that. How would normally such a PLC be used?

I figure at least I could use it to control lighting off the output relays, but what inputs/sensors are AC?

--Steven

any dry contact could be used as an AC input. Or even low voltage if they run a relay.. and use the contacts to the inputs.

This plc can be used in any fashion where you have only 10 inputs and 6 outputs required.

Photoeyes and proximity switches are available that use 120vac. Pushbuttons also can be wired to use 120vac.

And if you want to standardize sensors/switches with other machines that are 24VDC and not 120VAC, you can just use relays with 24VDC coils and put 120V on the contacts to the input.

As has been stated, basically ANYTHING that is available in 24 volt dc versions is also available in 120 volt ac versions as well. If you are going to be playing with it at home, one "input" that is 120 volt would be the light switches on your walls. (Not that you probably want to re-wire your house, but I'm just saying as an example.)