Wonderware Intouch 10.0 - Blinking two pictures that are representing one symol

Missy5

Hi, I can figured out how to make two picture blinking alternating.

I have two pictures one is colored in yellow and the other is colored in red and I'd like that are blinking alternating.

Any suggestion?

Thanks, M

I mistyped myself; I ment I can not figured out how to make two picture blinking alternately.

If you mean pic one blinks on whilst pic 2 blinks off, then you could create a datachange script on the $Second value. Make a tag alternate within the script, then use the state of that to blink each pic.

I don't have time to test this just now, but if you can't get it to work let us know, and I may get a chance over the wknd to test.

I haven't used v10 yet, but with everything from 3.x through 9, you can also setup ONE of those symbols to be yellow, with the blink color set as red.

If you mean pic one blinks on whilst pic 2 blinks off, then you could create a datachange script on the $Second value. Make a tag alternate within the script, then use the state of that to blink each pic.

I don't have time to test this just now, but if you can't get it to work let us know, and I may get a chance over the wknd to test.
I will try this and let you know if it will work.

Tkanks for suggestions!

I don't know how to do it what you wrote. Can you please describe more in detail?

I tried to crop this picture that it wouldn't have rectangle but no success. If I can do that I wouldn't need this.

Thanks.

Hello,

Or, place one image in the back that does not change and place the other image on top and hide/show the top image. It will appear to blink.

Good luck,

Mark
http://www.peakhmi.com/

Yes I know, I am using this write now but I would like to try the lostcontrol's solution.

Thanks.

Hi,

Give me a couple of hours, I will set something up & test.

To confirm, you want 2x objects, if 1 is red, the other should be blue, and vice versa?
Is this to be based on a condition?

edit:
I need more info in what you are wanting to acheive.
A simple 'blink animation', with each object the inverse of the other will work, but not sure if this is what you want...
ie (BlindCondition==1) then object blinks the defined colour
(BlindCondition==0) then object blinks the defined colour, which is the inverse of the above..

Last edited:
I have to pictures one is colored in red and the other is colored in yellow. Together represent status of alarm. I am trying to set up that this to picure togeter will blink alternatly red/yellow went alarm starts.

Because I have pictures I can't do it in a simple way like other wrote above (one rectangle and then visibility in 1 and blink wisible with fill color and line color = yellow).

I hope this will help you. Also I will have many this symols no yust one with different tags.

Thanks.

It's been awhile since i've done anything with Wonderware. But, I'm sure you could create an expression with the tagname and seconds to create alternating blinking. Something along the lines of this:
($LOCAL.DATE.SECOND mod 4) * {tag_name}
Have it so 0 = red, 1 = yellow, 2 = red, and 3 = yellow.

That way it will alternate yellow and red each second. This would be for one object, you will have to modify it so that the blinking is alternated between two objects.

Last edited:
Wonderware allows a blink-color!!! It's not as difficult as you all are making it! Just make your "base color" either red or yellow, then make the blink color the other. I think you have to select a "blink" bit (indicating when it is to blink)

There's absolutely NO reason to have all of these scripts, or multiple objects, or anything. One object -- that's all that's needed!