Using Sy/Mate

robo77

Well looks like I got stuck with it. A customer has an old Square D processor Model 400. And wants me to replace the processor.

I have the SFW472 software installed on an old laptop with the "dongle" attached. The software opens easily SQD.exe and I can run Dlog.exe.

Since I have never seen this software, can anyone give me a rundown "if they remember" how to upload the existing program to the software..save it and download to a new processor. :)

seems simple enough but since I can't replace anything I "break". I'd better have an idea before I start.

Thanks
Robo

software is rev 2.05 on 2 floppies.

Last edited:
My only experience is with the SyMate 50 and the SFW50 software, so I wont be much help with specifics. After a lot of reading of the manual I found this. Page 4-6 and most of chapter 9 deals with file transferring. Probably be best to read most of the manual and do some offline programming practice first. Make sure you save everything, the data files might need to be saved separately, I dont know this for sure. Old software was very manual, not like current software that do a lot of things automatically.

Last edited:
It is actually pretty straight forward.
Unless you are interested in backwards software compatibility, you can ignore anything to do with the SP1 and SFW3xx file formats.

It is extremely unlikely that the documentation files (.lab, .hdr, and .ttl) were stored in the processor. So all you need to 'SAVE' are both the .RNG and the REG files. The Control Register .REG file is primarily used for troubleshooting purposes, so it is optional for you, but I never bothered with them.

Typically I would transfer the processor memory to "Offline" (see section 4.2) and then perform my disk operations on the offline memory (it is faster this way).

Thanks for all the responses.. actually it was very easy.

When I showed up they had dual processors with backup cards.. the 1st processor had a memory fault. so I downloaded from the 2nd and cleared the memory on the 1st and loaded the program.

I had time to read the manual first.....and it went good..lol