Festo PLC ???

userxyz

I have to go to a customer who has a Festo PLC in his machine. PS1 CPU or something with a UNIOP panel connected to this PLC.

It's not really clear to me wich software I need to read out the program out of this PLC...

People who know something about Festo PLC's ?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Combo

Hey

Thanks,

It's a
PS1-HC01F

So I guess I'll need FST.
I just downloaded FST and installed it.

Is it possible to upload a program to the PC with the Demo version ?
What we really wanna do is rebuild the whole thing to Siemens. We do not have the project. It's a pretty simple machine, so the program will not be very complex, but if we can get it by an upload, it should be extra easy.

So, can we upload the project ?
What sort of serial cable do I need ?

Regards and many thanks !!
Gerry

FST works for older ones, Version of CoDeSys for newer ones. You can donwload both at festo.com

I've just red that a restore of the project is possible when the sources are included in the CPU. Otherwise we'll get compiled **** I guess...
Nothing todo about it ?

Last edited:
I recommend doing it from cratch if it is simple machine. And yes, if no sources were downloaded to plc, no uploading.

hmm

Makes me think of Beckhoff CX. There you can also choose to download sourcesor not.

Do you know what cable to use ?
I will give it a try to upload from CPU. If no sources I will continu from scratch.

Regards,
Gerry

I recommend doing it from cratch if it is simple machine. And yes, if no sources were downloaded to plc, no uploading.

I dont remember cables anymore.. I think you need to look from festo's site. If it has ethernet port and ethernet driver installed, you can use that.