DeviceNet backup solution - controllers tags

anhkhoi

Hi forum,

We got redundant controllers application with CompactLogix platform and deviceNet network and FT View SE for HMI.
In Rslinx Enterprice I add deviceNet network and Ethernet network to browse I/O tags and controller tags.

Pls advise me how to browse to one of controller tags on separate 2 controllers? Because I can browse the tags on 1 controllers only at the same time.

Thanks in advance,
anhkhoi

CompactLogix DeviceNet backup is not the same as a true ControlLogix redundant system, in which you only connect visualization software to the Primary controller and the system transparently switches between controllers.

DeviceNet has nothing to do with FTView SE: you do not browse to the network or configure anything in FTView with regard to it.

You can programmatically swap IP addresses between the CompactLogix "primary" and "standby" controllers, or you can use OPC Alias Topics and the NodeSwitch command inside RSView.

Please read and understand the CompactLogix DeviceNet backup user manual, Rockwell Automation Publication 1769-UM009D-EN-P.

CompactLogix DeviceNet backup is not the same as a true ControlLogix redundant system, in which you only connect visualization software to the Primary controller and the system transparently switches between controllers.

DeviceNet has nothing to do with FTView SE: you do not browse to the network or configure anything in FTView with regard to it.

You can programmatically swap IP addresses between the CompactLogix "primary" and "standby" controllers, or you can use OPC Alias Topics and the NodeSwitch command inside RSView.

Please read and understand the CompactLogix DeviceNet backup user manual, Rockwell Automation Publication 1769-UM009D-EN-P.
Hi Ken,

I had asked RA local support technician and has same suggestion for using Alias Topics to swap controllers "primary" and "standby".

Many thanks for your advices.
anhkhoi