Siemens S7-315 Analog Input Config

Halsec

Hi all.
I have an existing Siemens S7-315CPU system which has an 8 channel analogue input module on board. Currently in the hardware configuration only the first 4 channels are configured and now I wish to use the remaining 4. Is it possible to configure these channels online or without stopping the CPU?

I don't have a CPU handy to try it out, but I'm 99% certain that when you download the modified HW-Config data the CPU will go into STOP - it is nice enough to ask you first, though! ;)

Similar Topics

I'm essentially new to Siemens (the last time I programmed one, the development app ran under DOS). I'm programming a CPU315-2DP in LAD. The...
Replies
Views
I'll preface this by saying this is the first time I've worked on a Siemens system and I'm fairly unfamiliar with them. I might mess up some of...
Replies
Views
Hi We were having a few power cuts and the CPU would not work. I had to reset the memory and he CPU would read from the memory card and start...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone explain the difference between rebooting a Siemens CPU 315-2 PN/DP, either by setting the switch into stop and back into run...
Replies
Views
Got a call out to a customers site tomorrow. They have the above PLC and accompanying wiring diagrams from Nov 2013. Anyone any idea if you can...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom