OLD Mitsubishi A0J2

Dariusch

I have a problem with an A0J2-PLC.
I was called out to a customer who has a machine with an A0J2-PLC.
First there was no power to the PLC, I turned the power on, but then the "RUN"-led flashes slowley.
I tryed reset but it did not help.
The I tryed to communicate trouht GX-Developer, but could not because it dosent support the OLD PLC. Then I tryed with Medoc 2.3, but I did not get any response from the PLC.
My conclusion is:

1) The CPU is dead
or
2) I can not communicate with my laptop running Win XP.

Please can some one help me on this one!?!?
If You also thin the CPU is dead, maby you could tell me where to get this old CPU.
My lokal mitsubishi reseller can not help me. (tells me that I have to replace with new).

Thank you

Dariusch

We've had this problem in the past and if I remember right we replaced the cpu. You cannot puchase the AOJ2 anymore, so if the cpu is dead then your only choice is to replace it with another model. Try unplugging the battery and wiping out the memory. Make sure you have a backup.Whats medoc do when you try to go online with it? Its been a long time since I've hooked up to one of these, but we still have a few running in our plant today.
Tim

Last edited:
XP (eXagerated Performance)

Could the inability to connect with Medoc be another instance of XP serial port woes? I would be inclined to try connecting with a W98 or older platform. From what I recall you must reboot and run Medoc from a command prompt to run properly (not a terminal window).

When conneting to the PLC Medoc tryes 3 times connecting and the I get an message that the PLC does not response.
Can I really be try that I have to installe Win98 to go online with the PLC?!
Can´t I go in Dos mode i XP some how?

Dariusch

methods

I have not tried with XP, but from what I recall you need to use a command line environment (mono-tasking dos) with this software. Perhaps you could install a dual boot system with DrDos for the melsec stuff? Or perhaps even using vmware as an environment.

Hi Dariusch,
You might consider booting from a floppy disk, or making a bootable cdrom. This would allow you to use your existing computer and still boot native Win98/95/DOS.

Incidentally, I have also have a project with working AOJ's that I need to backup. I have Medoc 1.63 but it doesn't show AOJ in the list of supported PLC's. Perhaps I need the .typ file for this plc type?

Good luck with your project. Send me a private message if you'd like me to check with my refurb sources for a replacement AOJ.

Much Thanks,
Mike