check temp and i/o status remote

ason

my father has a cottage,
now he wants to check some i/o from home

1 x temperature
2 x digital input

and control:
2 x Outputs

there isn't any Internet connection there and the cost will be to much to use mobile broadband.

So i think that one way to control is with SMS,

Is there any cheap PLC with built in GSM and analog input?
or is there any application that can run on a PC to handle this kind of application?
Or does anyone have other solutions/suggestions?

It might be available commercially.

Gunnar Englund contributes a lot of VFD & motor comments on the Eng-Tips forum. I'm have this memory of him having some type of remote röd Stuga monitoring device, but I can't recall either the details or the name of it.

His professional web site is here, through which you can contact (email) him.
www.gke.org

Ask his about the remote monitor that he had at one time.
It's probably on its own web site and I can't recall the name.

Dan

Thanks looks like it will do the job, do you know what software is need to program that?

It fits inside a Mitsubishi Alpha and is programmed using standard Mitsubishi ALVLS Software. If you look at the bottom middle of the web page you can see how it is fitted. I haven't used one but I get flyers from the company regularly. For my requirements it was too simple and I ended up using eWONs over a 3G mobile connection and remote access software into HMIs.

Bryan