slc 500

alex_cordova

i have a 1746-p2, i have 7 rack chassis with a slc 5/03 one input card and one output card, when i plug in the power suppy cord , the power supply blinks and turns off, i had this problem yesterday,some times it comes on some times it does not, so this morning it did it again, i put a new power supply and it did the same thing????? i changed every thing , processor, took cards out , changed rack???? help me plz, i also checked voltage on out let 125vac and also tried pluging in some where else , i got the same thing

Sorry to borrow your thread to post my question,
I have one remote io scanner 1747-SN installed on my SLC-500 chassis and connected to a remote flex i/o rack at remote location. Now, I want to add another flex i/o rack at the opposite location. That means I have to run a longer blue hose from the the existing flex i/o rack to the new one. From the manual, the network has to be in series. Is it possible to add another scanner card 1747-SN to my chassis for new connection? Do you have any better way to combat this? Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the Forum, Bob.

Generally you'll get better results starting a new thread, even if it's very closely related to a recent one (best to cite/link the previous thread).

To answer your question: the RIO network has to be in series, but not in sequence. The wiring is a parallel bus and the scanner can be anywhere.

Right now your network cabling is:

SN ASB
(T)........................................(T)

There's no reason the 1747-SN can't be in the middle of the daisy-chain:

ASB SN ASB
(T).........................|.......................(T)

The termination resistors (T) just have to be at the physical ends of the network; the Scanner does not have to be at the physical end of the network.

Last edited: