Omron Zen Counter

RDLawrence01

I am having problems with a program I am trying to write. I am not very familiar with the ZEN. I want to;
1 Start a motor
2 Count its revolutions using a prox
3 Have a door safety interlock switch
4 Shut the motor off when a count is reached
5 Reset the system until started again.
I have attached what i have done so far. This program will not work in the similator but it will function in the relay itself but will not reset. It locks up when the count is reached.

I would appreciate any help any of you might be able to give me on this problem.
Thanks
PS My IT Department will not allow ZIP files so please send your info in some other form

you need to add a line when count is complete reset the counter using the reset function designation c1 when you add counter look for the reset (you have to add as an output to get the reset option insert add coil reset while your mouse is positioned in the output of a rung

Last edited:
you need to add a line when count is complete reset the counter using the reset function designation c1 when you add counter look for the reset (you have to add as an output to get the reset option insert add coil reset while your mouse is positioned in the output of a rung
Thanks for your help, I know I appear stupid, but I do not understand what you are telling me to do. Can you please send a small sketch or add to my PDF file. I really appreciate it. This ZEN has got me totally stumped.
Thanks

Your original example looked better I think, then you had the counter reset in place.

PS My IT Department will not allow ZIP files so please send your info in some other form
Really, man they must be tough! Is there no way you can access the site from a non-work internet connection? Then you can download the file I gave you in a previous thread.

I have attached what i have done so far. This program will not work in the similator but it will function in the relay itself but will not reset. It locks up when the count is reached.
Again, really? I thought that the simulate was the same, you must not be doing something in simulation mode. Have you put the PLC into RUN mode?

Sorry I am still being told it is corrupt. I appologize for the problem but if you could send it in any other form i would greatly appreciate it.

Sorry about this. I must of got confused.
Try this file instead, it is the .ZEN file zipped, so you will need to extract to somewhere....