another direct logic plc question

Razor89

im using a Direct-logic plc, with DS Launch programing software.

how do i go about triggering the DO outputs on the plc from the device memory table while im online with the programming software???

- forgive me if the question seems simple but im trying to update an existing program and ive never used this brand of plc/software before.

Thanks in advance to the direct-logic experts out there - also do you happen to know of any online manuals for this type of software/plc brand

nick

The online manuals are available here.

To force an output first open a Data View (Debug - Dataview - New). Under 'Element' enter thwe desired output (e.g. Y0). Go to View - Options. Using the DataView tab choose the Display-1 tab. Under Bit Display settingd choose the 'Override Bits' check box.

Back to the DataView window make sure status is on (you see the on/off state in the 'Status' column. Then choose the Edits button. You should now have on/off buttons as well as button to enable or disable the override for each individual itme entered in the 'Element' column. Click the Override then choose On or Off.

Yhis information is in the 'Debugging and Monitoring' chapter in the manual supplied with the software. Information for an older version (32 bit Directsoft) is available online in the QuickStart at the location noted above.

You will need to use either the K-sequence or ECOM protocol for the link. DirectNet protocol is not capable of forcing outputs.