SMS Messaging from Controllogix to mobile

mickkeel

First timer here.

I am having issues with the SMSMessaging sample code from the Rockwell library.

I am using an ControlLogix L62 processor connected with a null modem cable to a Cybertech GSM modem.

The code seems to work fine until "SendTextState = 3" on Rung 4 where it is waiting for the above ReadPromptCtrl.DN bit from the ARD instruction in Rung 3.

The ARD instruction must read at least 3 charcters of the AWT "SendTextCmd" and has failed to do so.

Anyone played with this before? I am quite desperate now.

Hi,

I may be going over the edge on this one but if I were you I'd stop monkeying around with ASCII instructions and add a small PLC with DF1 (to talk to the CLX) and built-in GSM support.

Believe me it will cost you less in time an aggravation.

I've used a Unitronics Vision-130 for this. The DF1 works great
using the standard Unitronics cable. It's got excellent GSM support (bi-directional too...).

Good luck,

(8{)} ( .)
(Yosi)