AB programming help

jethro

I have an Allen Bradley MicroLogix 1400. I am trying to make a counter to count to 5,000,000 (5 million) I also have a HMI that I am trying to display this on. I know how to make the counters count up to 32767 and beyond.. My promblem is how do I display this info on the HMI??? Thanks

The ML1400 also supports the Long data type for 32 bit integers. Define a file type L, eg L9. Then use an add in conbination with an ons instruction. The Long data type will support integers to 2,147,483,647

----] [-------[ONS]------------+-ADD-----------+
|Source A L9:0|
|Source B 1|
|Dest L9:0|
+---------------+

You can put two numeric data displays right next to each other.
Wen the count value gets to 1000 add one to the 1000's value displayed in the left data display. Clear the original value and start counting again.
It's not beautiful, but it works.
Of course that will only display 32.7 million.

ShiftCount.jpg