OT: What will they think of next?

OH LOL! those audiofiles are so screwable.. First they sell them copperwire 50€/m then they make those and some stupid ppl actually buy it.

Some idggit somewhere is no doubt shelling out a hundred bucks for one of these without thinking of the plug end that he is going to stick in it, much less the quality of the breaker panel and all the wire nuts in between.

It would be a code violation to place one of those on a 15 amp circuit using #14 wire. They advertise it as a 15 to 20 amp outlet and say it will accept wire down to 24 gage. Since it is configured to allow insertion of a 20 amp plug (1 vertical, 1 horizontal pin) then it has to be on a 20 A breaker and have at least #12 wiring.

Some moron will burn down his house and then sue them.

Pick up an issue of Stereophile magazine sometime (in the bookstore, don't pay for it) and try and count the number of ads you see for high-end, gold/platinum/wonderconducting/etc cables. You'll lose count after about 20 and they're all way, way, overpriced.

-Did you know you can spend $5,000 or more on stereo cables for one home stereo system? (hint: you can!)
-Did you know that $5,000 cables make your stereo sound better than $4,500 cables? (hint: they don't!)

I'm in the wrong business.

Hahaha... It's an age old problem though isn't it? The one that springs to mind instantly are HDMI cables. $100 in the stores around here, and I can get exactly the same part from Overseas for $7.

The best one I saw was for the audiophile power cables, the ones that they spend $5K on just to connect to the 50 ft of Romex in the wall. The claims of improved sound quality were bad enough, but I just about spit out my coffee when someone said that it improved the color on their digital TV! Denon sell an audiophile Ethernet cable, too. Like someone said, it not only passes 0 and 1s, but sometimes even gets up to 2 or 3. For further laughs on this, check the reviews here...

http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-Dedicated-Link-Cable/dp/B000I1X6PM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Gobsmacked.!!

Used $2499, Refurbished $999

Now i'd expect the refurbished to be better than the used ones...

ROFLMAO

Just how do you refurbish a HDMI cable ??? :confused:

HDMI, CAT5, whatever, it appears as different things to different people....just like a God !!

But I have to buy two of these, as my neighbours (name is Jones), have just bought one.....

As there are plenty of electricians here, I thought they might get a kick out of this:
http://www.musicdirect.com:80/product/83820

Steve.

Some of that stuff is pretty funny, I remember a co-worker telling me how his son bought Some oxygen free wire.

On a side note however, I remember when I bought my projection TV, and the sold me a $100 Surge protector/ filter. They Said that it would make the Tu Last longer. Iwent home thinking that I'm an electronics graduate, and just got sold a bill of goods. But I plugged it into my old. TV, until the new one was delivered. It was having power supply issues, (running frames, tint issues, and in the end it wouldn't run more than 2 hours without shutting off.) Wouldn't you know it, the old Tu never had a problem for the two weeks I waited for the projection (running on the filter)

Some of that stuff is pretty funny, I remember a co-worker telling me how his son bought Some oxygen free wire.

On a side note however, I remember when I bought my projection TV, and the sold me a $100 Surge protector/ filter. They Said that it would make the Tu Last longer. Iwent home thinking that I'm an electronics graduate, and just got sold a bill of goods. But I plugged it into my old. TV, until the new one was delivered. It was having power supply issues, (running frames, tint issues, and in the end it wouldn't run more than 2 hours without shutting off.) Wouldn't you know it, the old Tu never had a problem for the two weeks I waited for the projection (running on the filter)

A filter depending on it's design would make a difference albeit a small difference but a difference none the less.

Audiophiles are just buying a quality cable then plugging it into a wall outlet. Plugging a higher quality cable into a filtered conditioned 120 vac supply make make small improvements in quality so small that you would most likely never notice unless you had a scope on it but still.

A conditioning/filtering supply would protect the equipment more adequately.

Kinda like vfd cables people buy those and do not invest in any filtering after the drive and thing this is going to improve motor life and performance.It does not it only decreases the likelyhood of conductor failure as opposed to using thhn. The power quality issues from the drive are still there and the motor still see's them without load side sine filtering or other method of load side filtering.

Wouldn't you know it, the old Tu never had a problem for the two weeks I waited for the projection (running on the filter)

Haven't you been around machinery enough to know that the reason had nothing to do with the filter? Its because the equipment was finally slated for replacement that it started behaving. Seen it many times before. Funny how that works. 🍺