Two identical PV+ to one PLC.

AJZ

I am thinking about adding a second panelview to a small system. The plan is to use the same MER file in both PanelView Plusses. Will this cause any issues? The existing application uses momentary pushbuttons, control list selectors, numeric input and the alarm function of the PV+.

This will work just fine and are commonly done. Anytime that the PV writes to the PLC, it's only momentary, otherwise it just reads the PLC data.

edit: you do need to change the com setting (IP) for the other PV+.

Last edited:
only problems that I have are when you are controlling the screens from the PLC or needing to know what screen the PV+ is on - ie think about anything in the global connections
I also use momentary PB's - haven't tried maintained

After the initial setup untick replace communications when downloading

if this is ethernet, then the pv+ terminals MUST have different tcpip addresses. they must also have different mer file configurations, and plc registry addresses.
this is the way our system is setup on 2 lines.

regards,
james