That ---- pic driver

vf816

I know that this has been talked about alot.And i have read quit a few of the post.Still can not get the pic to work.
It was working before.
I have XP-SP2
PIC driver says its running
I have pic driver loaded in RS Logic (Shows up on screen node1
Always run as service (unchecked)
Have made it pass all the fatal error ----
When i try to go online message reads (no response from processor)
What is it that i am missing please HELP i have fallen and i cant get up.

Are you using a PIC device (or just the driver with RS232 cable)?

Does your PC have a real serial port (the PIC driver will not work with USB to serial converters)?

What device are you trying to connect with?

Baud rate must be the same and node addresses must be different.

Can you post the offline file for the processor you are trying to connect to?

What cable(s) are you using?

I have a real serial port.And iam using 1747 pic cable from plc trainer
I had it working about a year ago just cant figure out what is different.

I dont know the baud rate because i dont have a program.But i did try both 19200 &9600 I am trying to connect to a slc 501 on one machine and a slc502 on a seperate machine.

The default node address for your SLC5/01 and SLC5/02 is node 1. Default baud rate is 19200. Try setting RSLinx to something other then node 1.

Usually, it is the simplest thing....

1. Click on Comms menu
  2. Click System Comms
  3. Click on the PIC driver to browse the DH485 network
  4. Click on your SLC controller
  5. NOW click Online/Download/Upload
OG

This is driving me crazy.In driver diagnostics my packets sent and reply packets recieved.Are running one for one 903 and counting up.

Is the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver the only driver configured?

Can you post a screen shot of RSLinx's configuration?

Again, what cable(s) are you using between the PIC and your processors.

Are you using a straight thru adapter ( 9 to 25 pin) between your PC and the PIC?

When all else fails you can try to delete all drivers and the Harmony files for RSLinx. Then try the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver again. See text below for a how-to delete the harmony files.

Make sure that the DF1 Driver or any other Serial Driver isn't running in RSLinx. If it is, stop it under the Configuration Tab. Also make sure that there aren't any other Serial Drivers running from some other Program.

Stu.....

I have a replacement cable from www.plctrainer.net its 1747-pic for Allen Bradley
Goes from lap top into slc 502
I have no other drivers installed
Sorry no screen shot cant get work pc to connect to my home network
and of course only one copy of rs logic and since i cant connect unable to tranfer to home pc.

I have a replacement cable from www.plctrainer.net its 1747-pic for Allen Bradley
Goes from lap top into slc 502

Send it to me and I will test the cable.. if its bad they have a lifetime guarantee so I will replace it

If its good we will start this all over again :)

It sounds like you are doing everything correct... but see this just to make sure

1747-PIC communication help click HERE this is how to setup the drivers in RSLinx

And thanks for the purchase :)

Trainer
I have checked the cable like we talked about.
9pin#2-blk 485
9pin#3-brw 485
9pin#5-blu 485
All have continuity. Would it be possible for the communication load to have a effect on cable.Shows good when not used but does not work we under load?

I have never heard of anything like that....

Send me your address and I will send you another, then we can talk about it after you get the new one (I am all for the easy way)

Mark
[email protected]